the fifty fifty arts collective is hiring a Gallery Coordinator!
To apply for this position please email a current CV or resume and a statement of interest outlining your relevant experience and how you aim to contribute the collective to [email protected] Subject line: Gallery Coordinator.
Please feel welcome to include examples of expertise relevant to your position of interest.
Applications are due July 31, 2021.
Working with the fifty fifty arts collective is an excellent opportunity to become immersed in Victoria's contemporary creative arts community and to develop the collective's vision for impacting cultural exchange between artists, audiences, and organizations within the city. The collective offers experience in the field of art and events coordination; social media profile building; operations and maintenance of a small not for profit gallery space; networking and liaising between artists and organizations; and the potential to increase the regional, provincial, and national visibility of a collective-run arts organization.
The Gallery Coordinator will be offered a quarterly honorarium for their work. However, the fifty fifty is adequately poised to apply for project funding in support of innovative programs and projects and from there, potentially pursue capacity building or operational funding, should gallery reps, collective members, and the board of directors choose to pursue funding opportunities.
Gallery Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Primary liaison between public, artists, and organizations (during busier months, this can mean daily communications)
• Keeping diligent record of expenses, donations, and sales
• Ensuring programming space is stocked with appropriate materials for openings and installations
• Liaising between incoming and outgoing artists
• Organizing programming schedules
• Creating promotional text for media releases and social media
• Liaising between artists and gallery support staff as well as the gallery board of directors
• Exhibition hosting and promotion
• Maintaining effective communications between collective members
• Must have a basic understanding of Gmail and associated applications such as calendar etc.
Thank you for your interest. We will only be responding to persons with the relevant skillset as properly outlined in their resume and cover letter. Preference is given to artists already working in the scene.