The SWEET Program (Skills-building & Work-Experience Employment Training Program) is an eight week, 50% wage subsidy program for full-time positions in any discipline. It was designed for post secondary grads to gain experience in their field but education is not mandatory. Ideally the program is suited for on-going or contractual employment, after the subsidy period ends.
Rolling intake, open registration until Dec. 2022.
Your potential employee must be 30 or younger, a Canadian citizen or PR, and living in the Greater Victoria area or Gulf Islands.
What we Offer:
• Assistance with completing the short wage subsidy application
• Ongoing contact and support
• Minimal paperwork, fast agreement approval and quick turn-around time for reimbursement
• Completion bonus for the employee
What is Expected from the Employer:
• Has been in business for at least 1 year
• Is in good standings with WorkSafe BC
• Has a minimum 2 million dollar General Liability Insurance coverage
• Ideally able to provide full-time employment (approximately 37.5 hours per week)
• Willing to create opportunities for the participant to gain new skill development
• Demonstrate verification of payroll disbursement to the participant through pay stubs or other documentation
For more information, please contact the program supervisor, Teressa Carriere, at [email protected]