Ministry of Casual Living Program Coordinator Role
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator, Part time, 12-month contract $5,000 4 hrs/week, $24/hour
About the Ministry of Casual Living: The Ministry of Casual Living (MoCL) is an artist-run centre located at 780 Blanshard St, and Odeon Ally in Victoria. We provide artists from all disciplines with venues for experimentation, production, and presentation. MoCL is committed to promoting critical, self-reflective discourse, and integrating the artistic process into all aspects of everyday life.
The Program Coordinator works in collaboration with the board of directors to assist with the management of programming in the Main Gallery at the Ministry of Casual Living. Program administration, including artists’ contracts, budgeting, promotional writing and design, installation, documentation and web and social media are key elements of this position. Weekend and evening work is required.
The duties of the Program Coordinator may include the following and can be negotiated based on qualifications and previous experience.
1. Liaison: Works with artists in Main Gallery by providing orientation, assists with artist openings, providing support to artists and directing to available resources.
2. Marketing, Promotion, Website: Drafts and proofreads promotional copy, prepares media releases, oversees design, or designs promotional material within budget and time limitations. Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) and develop and maintain a monthly e-newsletter. Coordinate content with artists and project leads and upload content onto the website.
3. Financial: Research grant opportunities and assists with project grant writing.
4. Volunteer Coordination: Drafting volunteer callouts, training and managing volunteers for artist openings and open house events.
5. Community Development: Works effectively with artists, volunteers, collegial organisations and professionals, members, volunteers, and board.
6. Other Duties: Performs other tasks as required by the Ministry of Casual Living.
Qualifications: Previous experience in gallery or artist-run centre work. Asset if familiar with contemporary art practices. The Program Coordinator is comfortable with a variety of people and ideas; ability to work in a changing, deadline driven work situation; a flair for identifying and resolving problems; enthusiasm for contemporary cultural practices.
Applications are welcomed from all qualified applicants including women, equity denied communities including LGBTQ+, Indigenous, Black, POC, intergenerational, neurodivergent and disability folks.
Submission Guidelines: Please include a Cover Letter and a Letter of Intent. If you feel more comfortable speaking in person or on the phone we accommodate.
Deadline for submissions is Saturday September 23 Midnight, or until filled. Respondents will be notified Sept 30th at the latest.
Please direct questions and submissions to [email protected]
and [email protected]
. To speak to someone on the phone or in person please text or call Sabrina at 7786781990!